Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Roller Coaster!

This will be a short blog....as the big day approaches, I am very surprised (not certain why) at the flood of emotions that have taken over my mind!!! (I really am no fan of roller coaster rides...neither real or figurative). One moment I am nervous, one I am questioning whether or not I have prepared enough, one moment I am down, then I am up....In everything I have read, I know this is "normal" but am certain now that no article can prepare you for the roller coaster of emotions that take place the week before a "big" race!!! I "know" that I have prepared as much as I can and I "know" that I can do this....but this crazy brain of mine just won't stop! haha....guess I will go do some packing and hopefully take my mind off all the other stuff...cause my dad always says, "your brain can only focus on one thing at a time"!! Gonna put his theory to the test!! Keep your prayers coming for all of us running on Sunday!! Next blog post will be "post" marathon!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am the same way but like you said, your body has trained and you just have to let your mind follow and enjoy the ride. I am so very proud of you and I know you are going to do great. Just remember, it is not a "race" for us it is about "the finish" :-) PJ

    ReplyDelete