Thursday, May 19, 2011

Inspiration

Inspiration......In looking up the definition for inspiration I found the following synonyms: encouragement, enthusiasm, motivation, and I thought about how those are all the things that I wanted to do for others when I started this blog about my journey.
When I began this journey, almost 2 years ago....my intention was totally selfish. I wanted to lose weight and become a more healthy person for ME. BUT, as I started on my journey, there were a few people that encouraged and motivated me along the way and it is through the encouragement that my focus changed. Although, it is MY journey...it is NOT about ME...it is truly about INSPIRING (encouraging, and enthusiastically motivating) others to become both healthy AND happy. It is not about being "high-school skinny" or about wearing a size 0....it IS about getting to a point within yourself that you FEEL healthy and you are happy with who you are....in your own skin! It is about being able to look at yourself in the mirror and be happy with what you see and the progresses you have made. THAT, my friends, is not size specific!!
I have been so blessed lately with stories of friends who have started their own journey's and thank God for using me to encourage and enthusiastically motivate others. Now the same people who tell me that sharing my journey has inspired them....have become inspirations to me!!

3 comments:

  1. Great thoughts! You are SO right, it is about feeling good and healthy, and that is so not size specific.

    Thanks for the encouragement and the good example you are to many.

    Lisa Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, you have been an inspiration to me. As you know, I started running in August of last year. I did my first 5K and barely made it to the end. But with a little work and belief in my self, I have worked up to 8 miles. My goal is to do a half marathon by the end of the year. I don't think that I will ever do a marathon, just don't have the desire to go that far. My other goal is to be "Fit at 50" and I have 1 1/2 years to get there, but I am not worried. Thanks for all of the great support you have given me. And glory to God for the strength.

    Love ya,
    Tanoa

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lisa, I am so glad you too have started on your own journey! I am even happier that you have shared your story with me!! It is people like you that inspire me to keep on keeping on!!

    @ Tanoa, I speak of you often and how proud I am of you and how far you have come!! You can do what ever you set your mind to and you have already proven that!! Marathon or half marathon, you are still an athelete and whether you know it or not, you are inspiring others!! Keep it up girl!!

    ReplyDelete